Welcome to the next generation of night-time grind protection. Eliminating the need to remove your guard while you talk, breathe, and drink makes SOVA the most hygienic night guard option on the market. (i.e., avoiding germs like COVID). SOVA ultra-thin guards can remain in your mouth even if you need to communicate. Built-in perforations make it possible to hydrate without taking the guard out. Thinner than other night guards, so you can breathe easily with SOVA.
We have merged SOVA’s scientifically engineered crumple zones and patented triangular pattern with a pre-formed shape to ease the custom moulding experience. The same superior night-time grinding protection, with a NEW effortless fit. Works with braces (must be fitted by a dentist). SOVA guards are loved by orthodontists since they can be re-moulded as the teeth change during treatment.
How does SOVA Night Guard work?
Night grinding, or Bruxism, causes headaches, damaged teeth, and jaw pain. The SOVA family of night guards is designed to take a huge bite out of all of that. Using Diffusix™ Technology, SOVA distributes the pressure caused by night grinding, relieves the pain, and protects teeth. It’s the most durable, simple, and comfortable night guard on the market. So make every night a comfortable one, and experience the science of a better day.
1 x guard
1 x storage case
How to fit your SOVA Night Guard?
- Bowl, ceramic or glass
- Hot, but not boiling, water (170 °F = 76 °C)
- Fork or similar utensil
- Wash your hands and the material with mild soap and water.
- Heat water to about 170°F (76°C) for example in a kettle, on the stove top or in a microwave oven. Immerse the night guard in hot, but not boiling water until the material becomes soft and pliable (30-60 seconds). Once soft, use a non-plastic utensil to carefully lift your SOVA Night Guard out of the water.
- DO NOT let the softened night guard fold on itself – the material will glue together, making it difficult to reshape.
- Holding the night guard with both hands, carefully insert into your mouth. Make sure the back inner ridge does not fold in on itself.
Once the guard is in the proper position, close your lips over the guard and put your tongue onto the roof of your mouth. Bite down gently – do not make deep teeth marks.
5. Gently create suction by swallowing until the material has hardened to a snug, perfect fit. Keep the SOVA Night Guard in your mouth for 3-5 minutes to allow the shape to set. After the night guard is set, it should be snug enough that it won’t fall off your teeth when you open your mouth.
Unhappy with your fit?
NO PROBLEM! Every SOVA Night Guard is remouldable up to 20 times. Simply place your formed SOVA Night Guard back in the hot water, let it soften and straighten out, and there you go! Time for Round 2.
Something to Consider…
- Use boiling water to mold your nightguard.
- Overly stretch the material – night guard will tear. *DO NOT use if damaged.
- Suck-in air too enthusiastially, creating a fit that’s too tight.
- Bite down too hard or create deep bite marks in the night guard.
- Heat water as directed in Step 1.
- Double check that the bottom of your front teeth are lined up with the bite pad.
- Suck in air gently, creating a snug but still comfortable fit.